Volkswagen USA launches VW Golf R 20th Anniversary Edition
Volkswagen of America has announced a limited-run Golf R 20th Anniversary Edition for the North American market to celebrate the 20 years of the high-performance all-wheel-drive Golf vehicle. If you’re looking for a unique Volkswagen Golf R, this is the one to get. Keep reading this blog from Karen Radley Volkswagen in Woodbridge, VA, to learn more about the Golf R 20th Anniversary Edition.
What makes the Volkswagen Golf R 20th Anniversary Edition Different?
Limited to just 1,800 units and unique to the North American market, the Golf R 20th Anniversary Edition builds upon the latest generation Mk8 Golf R. It uses the same powertrain and offers the same transmission options. However, the Golf R 20th Anniversary Edition features several select changes to the exterior that make it easily distinguishable from the regular Golf R. One of these is deleting the standard sunroof, which shaves off weight from the Golf R’s highest point and streamlines the hatchback’s roofline. The Golf R 20th Anniversary Edition also features the Golf R’s large 19-inch Estoril style wheels finished in gloss black and fitted with 235/35 summer performance tires.
Some other subtle trim details further differentiate the 20th Anniversary Edition from the standard model. These include:
- Mirror caps finished in Lapiz Blue on Pure White and Deep Black vehicles,
- Gloss black mirror caps in those painted in Lapiz Blue, the caps
- Puddle lights that project “20 R” onto the pavement below
- “R” logos finish in blue on the front and rear bumpers and front fenders
- 20th Anniversary badges on the B-pillars
- Dash panel and front door trim feature genuine carbon fiber décor inserts
- Ergonomically optimized “D” shape steering wheel and supportive high-bolster sport seats
- “R” logo finished in blue on the steering wheel clasp
Moreover, owners will be reminded of the uniqueness of their limited-edition Golf R by the unique key fob, which features an “R” logo finished in blue.
Pricing and Availability
Available in Lapiz Blue Metallic, Deep Black Pearl, and Pure White in limited allocation, the 20th Anniversary Edition will go on sale this fall and will have an MSRP of $44,940 for the manual transmission model and $45,740 for the 7-speed DSG model.
Find the Volkswagen Golf R in Woodbridge, VA
If you’re looking for a brand-new 2022 Volkswagen Golf R or any other Volkswagen model in Woodbridge, VA, check out our inventory today! Call us or stop by for more information or schedule a test drive here.